Cosmic are delighted to announce our success in securing a second project to extend our work in improving rural economies across Devon and Somerset, with the support of funding from the Princes Countryside Fund.
Julie Hawker, Joint CEO said;
"We are delighted to have been awarded a further project funded by the Princes Countryside Fund which follows on from our successful project last year. In the previous project we set out to work with famers from across the South West, and in this new project we are able to continue this work as well as offering support to village shops, pubs and other rural businesses. We know how critical these businesses are to the improvement of our rural economies and we are looking forward to working with them to help them embrace the world of technology."
We are offering free 1-2-1 digital support for farmers, village shops, village pubs and rural businesses throughout Somerset and Devon. We can travel to you or you can come to our office in Honiton but our aim is to support you, your business and your community.
Below is a list of just some of the subjects that we can support you with:
- Social media & marketing online – When marketing your business it is imperative to use Social Media. These sessions will teach individuals how best to do this. It will also increase the general awareness of the availability of local suppliers.
- How to improve your website
- Basic computer skills to support Scheme details –using iPad and laptop technology. Understanding key tasks such as filling out relevant forms online and encouraging use for social aspects.
- Getting connected –understanding broadband connection deals, best options for getting online in rural locations and providing impartial advice on the subject.
- Buying and selling online – understanding the key benefits for farmers and rural businesses to trade online and how this will increase reach, reduce costs and save time.
- Keeping in touch with Skype or Google Hangouts
- Setting up email
- Google – An introduction to Google & how to benefit from free alternatives to Word & Excel
- And much more
Or if you know someone that could benefit from the support, please contact Lizzie Whitchurch on email@example.com or call our office for more information.