Everyone should have the chance to succeed in life, to develop skills and build a career. Positive People is a flexible community programme designed to help you overcome whatever challenges you face.
Run by Pluss and community partners we can help you manage the tough times, get qualified and find work.
Click here to find out about the current events we are holding in Devon.
Devon, Torbay and Plymouth partners:
- Tomorrow’s People
- Westward Pathfinder
- Devon Community Foundation
- Torbay Community Development Trust
- Plymouth Octopus Project
Click here to find out about the current events we are holding in Somerset.
Help with everyday life
The projects change coaches will work closely with you to help you identify your aspirations.
The support includes:
- Personal development – help to build your confidence, health and well-being.
- Help with daily life – including advice on housing, money / debt, childcare, healthy eating, leisure, relationships, anger-management and much more.
- Help to manage your health condition, disability, anxiety or addiction.
- Help to master digital technology - including computers, tablets, phones, software and the internet.
- Access to benefits and financial advice.
Get qualified and find work
Our support includes:
- Help to access training – anything from basic skills to vocational and professional qualifications.
- Help to prepare for work – including clubs and work trials so you can try out jobs and gain experience.
- Job search – preparing CVs, applications and interview practice. We will also help you to approach employers.
- Access to computers, internet, printers and photocopiers.
- Advice on apprenticeships and self-employment.
- Once you enter into work, we will stay in regular contact with you. You can also contact our helpline for advice and support.
Positive People is jointly funded by the Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund.