Velocity Somerset is led by Cosmic, in partnership with the UK Government and Somerset County Council. It is funded by the UK Government through the UK Community Renewal Fund, which is managed within Somerset by Somerset County Council.
The Velocity Project is an exciting opportunity for all voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations in Somerset, offering fully funded training, support and investment until the end of 2022.
This is your chance to digitally transform your organisation, with skills training, digital strategy guidance and the potential for direct investment into new hardware, software and processes.
The aim is to enable you to increase your capacity, build resilience, to be better connected, more sustainable and ready to take on future challenges.
Velocity will deliver across the following streams:
- Aimed at managers and senior leaders in the organisation
- A programme of training and personal development
- Helping you to develop a 3-5 year digital strategy for the organisation and how to implement that strategy successfully
- Discover how technology can transform the way you work and the way you support your customers and community.
Digital diagnostic and technical solutions
- Cosmic’s consultants will work with you to identify your immediate technology needs and challenges
- There is the potential for funded solutions and training, provided direct to you and your team
- Cloud software, website development, digital tools and solutions to help you be greener, more productive and efficient.
Open workshop & training series
- A series of free workshops
- Open to anyone in the organisation
- Topics will include:
- Workplace digital skills, such as Microsoft 365, Word and Sharepoint
- Social Media and Digital Marketing
- Online fundraising
- Website design
- Branding and digital graphic design.
Interested in taking part?
Fill out the form here, and we will be in touch again soon to sign you up to events and programmes.
Finally, please pass this on to other VCSE organisations in the County that you think may benefit.
The UK Community Renewal Fund is a UK Government programme for 2021/22. This aims to support people and communities most in need across the UK, to pilot programmes and new approaches to build community resilience and prepare for the UK Shared Prosperity Fund. It invests in skills, community and place, local business, and supporting people into employment.
For more information, visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uk-community-renewal-fund-prospectus