We are recruiting for a new Non-Executive member of our Board of Directors - with the potential for the recruit to fill the role as Chairperson for our unique Social Enterprise.
This is a voluntary role, but one which offers huge reward for the right person.
We're a Social Enterprise with the vision to "Inspire people to achieve success in the Digital world". We deliver Digital Inclusion, through training, skills development, technical Support and website advice and development. We deliver social impact through helping individuals learn new skills, enhancing their life opportunities, and through supporting businesses, charities and organisations to be more digitally mature.
What sort of person are we looking for?
We’d prefer not to be over prescriptive at this stage; instead inviting applications from a wide range of people. We're hoping that our new recruit to the Board will have the skills and experience to fullfil the role of Chairperson. Is this you?
But some possible common themes to lookout for:
- Passionate about Social Impact and helping individuals, communities and businesses to thrive
- Understanding of the Social Enterprise model
- Experience of both private and public sectors
- Knowledge of publicly funded project work
- A culture of innovation, change management and growth
- An interest in Digital industries, business support, or specific areas of training and education
- Experience of leadership and working at a Senior or Board level
We estimate that this role has an average time requirement of 1 day per month. Naturally, as with any non-exec Director role, there may be periods where your time may be needed a little more, or even a little less.
The Board have formal meetings once a quarter, plus an AGM and periodic strategic development meetings.
If you or anyone you know is interested in learning more, please get in touch by emailing Julie Hawker, Joint CEO: firstname.lastname@example.org