Salary: Circa £35,000
Closing date: Monday 23rd July 2018
Cosmic is on the lookout for an Operations Manager to join our core team in Devon. If you have an excellent level of organisational skill, matched with strong financial acumen, business planning skills and top-quality people management then please do get in touch to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
You will join a multi-award winning business which is growing rapidly and with one of the strongest reputations in the region for providing top quality digital services and support. There is plenty of opportunity for the right person to grow and develop with the business in this core role, and to bring plenty of their own style and ideas into the mix of the plans for the coming years.
Cosmic is a Digital Consultancy, providing a holistic range of services designed to support people, businesses and organisations with all their digital needs. We provide training, consultancy, IT tech support and website design. We are a social enterprise, and widely recognised as a leader in our field.
Our vision is to inspire people to achieve success in a digital world. You will work with the Joint CEOs and Team Leaders to shape andsupport the delivery of the business strategy and vision.
- Business Operations: lead on all aspects of day-to-day operational management of the business.
- Resource Management: Overview of working practices to ensure efficiency and productivity, as well as continuous improvement in customer service. Regular review of company equipment and resources.
- Contract Management: Planning, resourcing and management of major contracts and programmes of work, including liaison with commissioners and partners, monitoring of budgets, outputs and outcomes.
- Finance: working with the Finance Officer to ensure robust and accurate controls for all financial systems, processes and reports and supporting Team Leaders in distilling key financial information relevant to performance, future plans and client communications.
- People: providing supervision and support across the team to achieve high levels of motivation, working closely with Team Leaders, implementing excellent staffing policies and procedures which embrace the Cosmic ethos and culture.
- Systems and Processes: regularly reviewing all systems and processes being deployed at Cosmic to ensure best practice and efficiencies.
- Governance: Ensuring that Cosmic operates in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements, ensuring updated and accurate policies and procedures.
- Business Development: working with the Business Development Manager to develop clear insights and intelligence from our business systems, seeking improvements to the use of those systems for business and customer insights, and the development of future plans, projects, products and services.
- Minimum of two years' experience in managing business operations
- Experience working in commercial, service focused business
- Relevant understanding of digital technology in a commercial environment
- Experience in project management
- High level administrative skills
- Evidence of financial and analytical experience and skills
- Ability to commit to Cosmic's values and ethos
- An understanding of Social Enterprise
To have an informal discussion or any questions about this role then please email Julie @ cosmic.org.uk or phone 0330 0883005
To apply, please send a full cover letter and CV to: [email protected]