Katie is one of Cosmic's newest members of staff, so we asked her 6 questions all about her role, and a bit about herself too.
1. What do you do here at Cosmic?
I'm the HR Manager. This role means that I get to work with everyone. I am the go-to person for all people-related issues such as job design, recruitment, employee relations, performance management, training & development and talent management.
2. What’s your favourite part about the job, and what are you most excited about doing?
I enjoy most aspects of my role, but my passion lies in team dynamics, management development and culture.
3. What do you like most about Cosmic?
I was drawn to Cosmic because of its work around communities and being a social enterprise. It’s early days yet but I would already say that the best thing about Cosmic must be the people.
4. What is the most interesting thing about you or that you have done?
I can herd geese quite well.
5. What’s your favourite piece of digital technology at home or in your pocket?
I get ridiculously excited about apps that do things like control my heating at home or that can scan plants and tell you what they are. Google maps are underrated – driving anywhere with a map on your lap the size of a poster is a fond memory now but was quite a skill back in the day. 😊
6. What are your hobbies or interests?
I love my garden, growing veggies, football (watching not playing), Radio 4, cooking, my dogs and cat – mustn’t forget the chickens – and live music.
Join us in welcoming Katie to the Team!