It is easy to forget to do the simple things which could affect how your business runs. We have come up with 7 steps for you to carry out going into the new year to ensure your business is running smoothly.
- Spring clean data - what is the value of data, where is it being stored and should we keep it? Get rid of any unnecessary data and make sure all you know where all important data is being stored.
- Assign ownership - who is responsible for keeping up to date, IT manager, CEO, operations manager understands what you have and who will manage it.
- Develop a process - develop a process to deal with data breaches, be prepared. - Having internal meeting to make sure everyone understands the processes and use the right tools to streamline processes.
- Carry out a review - review all processes, people, policies, strategy, digital records, systems and tools - are these working for you?
- A deep clean your emails - clear through all emails and contacts and get rid of any unnecessary. Create folders and make sure everything has a place and you know where that place is.
- Security - Lastly, but most importantly, it is crucial to make sure that your business is safe. Cyber-attacks can happen to anybody and happen regularly. Update all passwords and make sure all accounts are secure. For further help, take a look at our passwords blog.
For any more information on any of these points, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our tech support team. Cosmic’s award winning tech support services offer a friendly and approachable style. Our team work tirelessly to keep our client’s businesses connected in today’s IT centric world whilst offering a specialist experience. Over the years we have worked with community organisations, partners and businesses to help to keep their systems running smoothly.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01845 094 6108.