The Restart Scheme is a government scheme that supports people who are claiming Universal Credit and have been in the Intensive Work Search Regime for 9 months or more. It is part of the Government’s wider ‘Plan for Jobs’ to help people, many of whom lost their jobs as a result of COVID-19, to find work and get back on the road to recovery. The Restart Scheme provides up to 12 months of support for each person and we’re working with Seetec Pluss to deliver the Scheme.
Every year Seetec Pluss supports thousands of people to find work, achieve a career and take control of their future.
The Restart Scheme helps build confidence, skills and the ability to move back into work. Our trainers at Cosmic work closely with people on their tailored plan that helps them to reach their work and life goals, including:
- 1:1 coaching, advice and guidance.
- Workshops providing essential digital skills.
- Support and training to gain the skills needed to get back into work.
Whatever the circumstances, our support is tailored to your personal needs to help you find the job you want.
Want to return to work in a particular sector?
This Scheme will help you brush up your CV and showcase your talents to local employers.
Great for: Highly skilled and older workers.
In addition to the basic Universal Credit eligibility requirements, to be eligible for the Restart Scheme claimants should:
- Be in receipt of Universal Credit and in the Intensive Work Search (IWS) regime for 9 months or more, with time in receipt of new style Jobseekers Allowance counting towards this.
- Have no sustained earnings at the point of referral.
- Not be currently participating in other DWP Contracted Employment Provision
Please see eligibility criteria for more information.
Get in touch
To refer for support from the Restart Scheme get in touch with your Jobcentre Plus work coach at your local job centre.